This section has been created to keep the community up to date with local information. It should not be used in place of guidance from the NHS and Government. The latest NHS advice can be found on their website.
Please note that following the latest advice from the Government, we have closed Puddletown Community Play Park, Orchard Meadow and Butt Close Play Area. These will re-open when restrictions are lifted. While closed, the play areas will not be checked for safety issues so please keep out and ensure that older children who may be out unsupervised are aware of potential danger and do not try to gain access. Some maintenance work may be carried out while the play areas are closed.
Puddletown Area Community Support Group
On the evening of Monday 16th March a group including representatives from the Parish Council met to discuss community support during the Covid-19 virus outbreak.
The following are notes from the meeting.
Present: Sarah Hillman, Julian Hubbuck, Penny Ruddock, Peter Churchill, 19:00 16th March at the Blue Vinny.
We agreed to set up a group to manage the help needed by people who become isolated due to the Coronavirus.
The coordinators (who are happy to publicise their names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) are Sarah and Julian.
The main other conclusions are:
- The aim of the group will be to assure that people in isolation get the food and medicines that they need, and that they do not suffer from loneliness.
- A leaflet will be produced (by Penny), printed (by Peter) and delivered as soon as possible. It will publicise the help, name the coordinators, ask for volunteers, and ask people in isolation that need help to contact the coordinators.
- There is already a significant list of volunteers (from Penny and Sarah).
- Peter will contact the surgery to see if they can also participate in order to provide medical knowledge.
- Peter will contact the shop to ask them about food deliveries and ask how payment can be made.
Further information will be made available on the Parish Council webpage. Other forms of communication will be utilised where possible but if you are in contact with a neighbour that is without internet access then please keep them informed.
For the time being, anyone wanting to volunteer or in need of urgent help should contact:
Julian on 07881 678 126 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah on 01305 848 784 or by email to email@example.com
A list of local businesses that are able to deliver goods and provide services which may be of use to people who are self-isolating can be found by clicking anywhere on this text.